Friday, February 09, 2007

It's a great big planet

I'm here in Berkeley, California and it's raining. Not thunderstorm-raining but that all day damp drizzle that reminds me of England. It's also warm enough to walk around with a light jacket that remains unbottoned.

At home in Minneapolis, people that I love have not ventured outdoors for more than ten minutes at a time. It's dangerous-cold where the sky is so frozen and absent of water than your skin slow cracks along every joint.

My daughter, Luca, and partner, Rocki, are in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This is what life looks like for Luca:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can forgive your casual blog misspellings and grammar mistakes, as you are otherwise fairly brilliant (not to mention sexy). But to misspell Rio de Janeiro is, well, simply not ok.

I still love you, though.

Susan said...

wow, major mistake. now corrected. and i accept the rest of the comments.

Anonymous said...

You also misspelled Brasil! ...and you'll be coming back to the tundra soon - how fun for you :-)

Vikki said...

Luisa and I are reading your blog simultaneously...on separate lap tops. Aren't we cool?

Kristin said...

The pool looks so great! And I can't believe it but i did notice that you spelled Rio de Janeiro incorrectly. Brasil was lost on me.