Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm baaack

Thanks to the wonders of the red eye flight, I am back in Minneapolis, staring blearily at my first television in two and a half weeks: the Today Show. My partner, Raquel, and daughter, Luca, are still in Brazil. I called them right after I arrived home to let them know I was safely here. Luca was in the process of throwing her first snit fit since being in Rio. She cried and grieved, Rocki was impatient with her while trying to stay connected to her poor lonely lover on the other end of the phone line.

I miss them.

So now I have to take all of this stuff from the last two weeks - that hands on the skin kind of quiet - and find a way to build it into my life here. I'm sure the Today Show is not part of the strategy.

I talked on the phone with my mother a few days ago and she reflected on how scary it is to face a total life change - meaning I am currently "career" successful and have plenty of work as a fundraiser/nonprofit organizational type. I now want to shift this, move the focus away from this work as my primary and build my craniosacral therapy training to eventually move into the lead. It isn't scary to imagine that outcome, it's more overwhelming to think about how to build a daily practice, the new lifestyle that supports craniosacral therapy.

I don't think this makes for terribly interesting blogging - nothing pithy about navel gazing and life change.

Let me get my hands on ya.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Good morning. I wondered if you would be up and about this morning.
Maybe Wednesday night? We are struggling to finish our valentines.

Vikki said...

i'm at home with zeca, typing with one hand...

come over and work on z.