Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Internet magic

It's Valentine's Day and my love is far from me. (Guitar music picks up, something "olde english," like Greensleeves only different.) She is gone to lands across the sea. With her silvered hair and shotput wit, she carries my heart with a catcher's mitt. Oh my lo-o-o-o-ve, on Valentine's Day, I sit here at home, alone and gay. (Music slowly winds down into something evoking longing, ocean storms, dykes wandering alone atop widow's walks on old Cape Cod houses, the sound of seagulls....)

Yeah, well, I sent the olde luv and the young daughter some roses via the internet. Funky that it's cheaper to send a dozen roses to Rio from Minneapolis than it is to send them to Minneapolis from Minneapolis.

Happy Valentine's Day!


3 comments:

Vikki said...

Awwwwww...aren't you sweet!

So, my roses are coming later then? Ha Ha!

Luisa and I were up until 11 p.m. last night frosting heart cookies for Zeca, making valentines for the teachers, making valentines for the kids...

I forgot to give Luisa her card this morning. Dammit.

Kristin said...

Very sweet. Raquel looks like she is happy.

Kristin said...

I am awaiting a new blog Susan....