Sunday, October 01, 2017

Starting again

As you can tell by looking after this post, I am restarting this blog. I want a place to reflect on the lens of healing justice, on liberation work and time.

It's not surprising to me that I started this blog and then left it about ten years ago. It's kind of the rhythm of parenting and middle life. When your children are small, you have less time in some ways and more time in others. When they get older, it all shifts. I stopped this blog when life became too full for reflection. I am restarting it when my child is in high school. I am restarting it on the other side of middle age. If the circle of community were not broken, then it would be natural that I start to reflect on the things my life has taught me. There would be times when we sat together and I got to tell stories, as well as listen to stories from those around me.

Sadly, we don't live that way. And so the vanity part of this blog is that god damn it, I still want to sit by the fire and tell stories. Think out loud and, if I am lucky, have you listen.

And the other vanity part of this says, hey, we talked about things differently ten years ago. I also understood myself differently ten years ago. There are things I say, political language I use, and how I identify that isn't exactly the same. But there you go... change is real. God is change. And so I am just gonna leave it all.


No comments: