Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Back in the saddle again

You ever go through one of those periods where everything is awhirl and aflutter in your head and the rest of your fleshly self but none of it translates to blog land? I always envy my friends who seem to see through the world through bloggable moments. I rarely see the blog in life. Or the life in the blog.

I'm trying to give up drinking. I realized that wine had turned from that lovely cultural hip red jeweled thing into something that got me from waking to sleep. It sucks to realize that I carry as much stress that I do. I have always liked to think of myself as this calm centered little thing. Well, as quantum physics tells us, the amount of time we spend creating narratives to control/deal with reality is directly related to a diminishing in the number of possibliities we can recognize at any given moment.

7 comments:

Vikki said...

Really, that's what quantum physics says? Who knew it was so simple?

Does this mean that you don't want any Portuguese wine when we get back?

I'm glad you are blogging...I still check your blog every day...waiting...

Unknown said...

I know how you feel about blogging, I have been in the same blogfunk recently too.

Anonymous said...

Susan
you have my support
peace
leigh

Anonymous said...

Vikki-

Why does everyone get the Portuguese wine but your sister?

Kristin said...

Hi Susan, I had to read that last sentence three times to understand it. geez youze smart.

You are giving up drinking for a spell, I am giving up coffee.
We will only be left with going out for a mineral water - probably at the YWCA after a jog.

Actually that doesn't sound too bad.

Vikki said...

Sis - you will have to come to Minneapolis for the wine. I'm holding it hostage until you visit. You can have Susan's portion :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I will go to the more basic question ... what is causing the stress? I am sure there are many ... but basically what is it?